Friday 8 April 2011

Week-end here we come!

Mmmmm..... now let me see what I can find for you all today.
Oh, before I forget ...... thank you all so much for your lovely comments! Much appreciated..


A light pencil drawing of four, out of eight, puppies. Our beautiful labrador, Honey, gave birth to these in 1981! You have no idea what fun it was to be second "mum" to these cuddly little things! Am thinking of taking some prints from this.... Would look good on a card I think and it would also be cheaper to buy than the original!


Something quite different! Stumpwork embroidery! The 3D elements are worked over wire, which is first attached to calico and once completed, the item is cut away from the surrounding calico ....VERY, VERY CAREFULLY!!! The background is hand painted onto calico too. I call this piece "The Sunbathers".  It is hugely expensive..
Hope todays bits are inspiring, or not, as the case may be.
(Forgot to say in my profile, but I do teach too!! :) )

Just one last little one for today .... a pin cushion.... in the Biscornu style .....  aint she cute???

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous & so cute Janet was thinking myself it would make a great digi,love the stumpwork so realistic & the pin cushion too ok then teach directions too the T-shed please lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne.
    Do you want b&b as well??? :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh Janet I agree with Anne your drawing would make a fab digi stamp. Fantastic work as always, wish I lived closer to you I would be round in a shot for lessons plus would love a peek in T-shed lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful drawing and agree with the girls would make a gorgeous digi stamp. Let me know if you decide to do so...

    ReplyDelete
  5. do i bring me own black pudding :D

    seen me verification word annin lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yuk!!! and yucky, yuck, yuck.... OH likes the stuff, I can't even be in the same room!! Guess you and OH could always have brekkie together! :) :)
    A peak in T' Shed??? Watch for a photo soon then!
    How do I make a digi stamp?????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comments on my efforts......I wish I could draw & paint like you - but I was no good at Art at school - was I glad to be able to drop the subject and concentrate on maths, physics and chemistry :)

    I think I'm nearer to you than Anne - & I don't like black pudding - so I'll be queueing up to sneak into t'shed

    Janet (Crafty Jay)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad somebody knows where i am cos i dont lol nowt wrong with black pudding fried or raw love it.
    Normally you'd draw it to a graphics programme using a tablet & pen or Scan the hand drawn ones

    ReplyDelete