Thursday 14 April 2011

Cloudy Thursday

Well, it may be cloudy, but it is such a lovely day!!
After all the to-ing and fro-ing from the house to T' Shed, all the tidying up and sorting out I have done over nearly a week now, I am cream crackered!! In sooooo much pain, but you know what?? I don't care! I am back in my sanctuary and am loving it! I can see the apple blossom ... just hope that it doesn't all get fertilised!! My acid green contorted rubinnia (rubinia, robinia????) and the much gentler green of the twisted hazel. There are the last few daffodils and some tulips showing and down low to the ground, the violets.. such a perfume they have, if only I could get to them!! The tayberry and the gooseberries are showing well now, but can't see the currants yet.. This last wicked winter has killed a couple of my favourite shrubs though. My standard Myrtle and the variegated Myrtle (oh, yes folks, :) :) ) have been killed, so am upset about that. The beloved clove pinks and carnations have had it too. All I need now is a very good garden centre to see if I can replace them! I really, really hope I can...
This evening I must get myself organised and sort out my requirements for the monthly meeting of D.A.R.N.i.T. on Saturday. We are making pin cushions this and next month. I have chosen to make mine in the style of "biscornu" (? spelling). I have made one before, but I am tackling a larger version and with a different pattern and colour ways. Some others have chosen patchwork and a couple of other members are keeping their choices under wraps for the time being!
Now, mmmmm   ..... a piccie for today......


Machine embroidery .... free type .... on water soluble "fabric" ....  love this way of making things!!
Whatever you do, or are doing, enjoy and above all, take care!

5 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Janet the rose is so life like, I want to move into T-Shed I won't make a mess and would be so quiet Eric would never know I was there lol
    hope your pains ease soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this looks fab Janet love it sending you a huge hug xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful rose. spelling of biscornu is correct, I have a couple i've cross-stitched, i just love their unusual shape, hope you are in less pain soon, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely comments ladies! Jane, even if you did make a mess, it wouldn't be noticed!! I thought I had done a great job in all the tidying and sorting out! Huh, it looks just the same, except I can see a teenie weenie bit of work surface now!
    Thanks for the biscornu spelling for me Wendy.... never know with these funny languages, do you?? They really are so easy to do and look great too. What colour/s would you suggest??? :)
    Pain getting worse by the second. Think I have been in here too long now. Must go and start dinner anyways, but am just going to do one more post for today ....
    Watch this space....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh I'm so glad I didn't miss seeing this!!! It's so beautifull!! :0)
    So sorry you're ot so well htough. (oh dear - can you tell y tablets are kicking in? lol. ) please decipher as best you can.!)
    Love it hun.xx

    ReplyDelete