Tuesday 10 May 2011

Chilly Tuesday

Just thought I would come on and say "hello" to anyone out there who is watching!
Was going to do so much today, but as ever, the best laid plans ALWAYS go awry for me. S-i-L called round and I'm not complaining, but just as she was going a mutual friend turned up and stayed with me for over an hour! She has her own computer, but is too scared to use it, so when she wants to order something, she comes round to me! Always leaves me the money, but I do wish she would learn to do it herself!! Makes me feel mean saying that! Well, her visit scuppered me for the rest of the afternoon. Put me all out of kilter it did and the upshot is, I didn't get anything made...
Decided to show you all what I have been doing on an evening of late. Making my own embellishments, no less!!






Bits and bobs of tatting and crochet. Done some twisted tatted "ropes" and some edgings. A few tatted butterflies and some circles in different sizes. The white ones are cotton thread, so I am going to use some of my ink pads to colour them. The big and juicy pads should give some interesting results. Shall be making a few more flowers, but crocheted ones. I have this book which is just full to bursting with patterns for all types of flowers, leaves, fruits and veggies! I am going to be using some of these things on a few cards soon and others will be used on bags and the like...
Time for dinner now folks, so until the next time ...  do take care...

3 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean Janet, no one ever call here unless I am up to my eyes in something and usually when I am surrounded by a mess lol. Beautiful embellishments xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow janet - these are lovely - beautiful colours and designs liz (rainbow)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous Janet! I especially like the butterflies, but they are all fabulous and will definitely make lovely embellishments for all kinds of crafting.

    I decided a little while ago that I would have a go at crochet, but I'm still struggling to get the hang of doing the circles, but I will stick at it and hopefully it'll suddenly click and then I'll be able to have a go at making some of those crochet flowers.

    Happy Crafting!!!

    ReplyDelete