Thursday 28 July 2011

Expensive Thursday

Had to spend some money this afternoon ... on a pair of shoes!! I have been trying, for ages, to find something I like at a reasonable price (for the sake of OH's pocket!), but no such luck. It isn't easy for me to find shoes that fit me anyway, so today we toddled off to the only shop we know that I could get a pair to fit and it worked!! OH nearly fainted away mind! Well, I paid up (with my plastic friend) and ordered another pair to see if they are okay for me too. Don't have to have them if I don't like them, nor if they don't fit!!! The two ladies were terrific and even stayed on after they shop had closed to make sure that I got at least one pair. Quite happy now... need a bag to go with them... hee, hee. Will make that though, so I do save money in a round-a-bout way.

Made this card last evening on the live craft


topper close up


The main card was cut with a Spellbinders die from a sheet of A3 plain white card. I embossed the edges and then brushed inks over the edges to tone with the topper. Gold mirri was used to mat onto the card and also for the die cut backing for the topper ... from stash. The papers and the topper are from a collection called "Bazoo" and I just love them. Decided not to use ribbon, but some of my own hand made cord. Border peel-offs from Pinfliar and the message is from a sheet of peel-offs from my stash. Very pastel in colour, shades and tones, but I quite like it. Will make a similar one, but smaller. This one is just under 8" square (approx. 19.5cms). Think a 6" square one would be better...
Right, that's me done for the day. Need to go and look after this cold!
Take care...

2 comments:

  1. It's a very pretty card hun. I do like the layout of this one!! And your colour choices are lovely.
    I'm not laughing at your bag comment - honest.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laugh at NEEDING a bag???? I should think not!! :):) As I really do make my own, then I DO save OH a large lump of money. Will be starting the bag today and will keep you all up to date with its progress.
    Thank you for the kind comments about the card love. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete