Friday 5 August 2011

Sultry Friday

NO, not me!!! The weather. After that massive storm we had on Wednesday afternoon and evening, I had hoped that the temperature would stay a little cooler for a bit longer. Mmmm, no such luck. Still, it's drying the washing, so saving on electricity... :)
I said that I would keep you up to date with the new bag and have taken a photo of as far as I have been able to get to. Ordered some "feet", along with some other bits and bobs and guess what is out of stock??? The ruddy feet! Until they come, I can't get on any further, so am a bit miffed.
The main part is made from canvas, the type you paint on, but before it has been treated for painting. Good and strong, stands up for itself and I think I can use a special spray to make it almost water proof. I will be making the lining from calico, pre washed and there will be the usual pockets for cards, phone and other little things. The trimming will be the fabric laid out in the second photo. Not one stitch used so far! Hopefully wont need many at all...


and the trim ...


and once the bag is made, I will attach a small corsage made up of little flowers like this one...



Well, that's it for now folks. Hope you are having a great school holidays! Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment