Monday 25 July 2011

Another Miserable Monday!

After spending all of last week confined to barracks, I woke this morning to find myself getting lost in a rotten cold!!! Until this has gone, I will still not be allowed into my beloved T' Shed! Aaagggg!!!!!
Okay ... so what do you do when you are confined to barracks?? Well, I tried knitting and that wasn't what I wanted. Then I tried needle tatting and got a bit further with that, but still wasn't what I wanted. Next I decided to get the beads out and hey presto! spent my time, since Friday making bracelets and here they are.


Three of them are kits from Beaders Companion. The top one and the bottom two. Am so, so disappointed in the overall quality of these kits. The thread is too thick for the needles provided and it is hard and stiff; the plastic bicone beads are roughly finished, but the seed beads are okay. Would be hard for them not to be!
I ended up using my own "Nymo" thread which made the finished bracelets much more fluid and nicer to wear.
The bottom two are made using the two needle method and I would not recommend them for newbies to beading. The next to the bottom one also has 3D flowers added too. No indication on the packets as to level of knowledge/expertise required. The kits are an import from America under the name of "Darice".
Okay, rant over ... now some photos ...




This next one is from a pattern I bought some while ago. The "Tila" beads were bought from GJ Beads (hope I have remembered that properly!). The pattern says to use 10gms of the Tila beads, but I found that I used every one of them and to make sure that the bracelet fitted MY wrist, I added the split rings to the fastener. It is my favourite of them all and it feels really, really good on!



Righty ho ... off to see what else I can get going with. This means a rummage through the beading stash... such a pain ... :) :) :)
Hope you are all keeping well and having a better time than I am..:)
Until the next time ... take care ...

3 comments:

  1. Very very pretty honey, I think you've done a wonderful job.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the bracelets are just gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Janet, plastic Bicones Yikes bet thats not what you expected. Love the Tila one can I ask where did you get the pattern from xx

    ReplyDelete