Monday 13 June 2011

Busy Monday.

First thing that happened today was a visit to the dentist! I was not looking forward to it one bit as I was expecting two fillings! Ended up with non!!! One tooth was patched up and another was washed with fluoride... so got off lightly. Just hope I don't pay for it in a few months time.... mmmm..

I decided, about a week ago, to have a look through my yarn stash and the upshot was that I did a lot of sorting out. During the sorting, I chose some yarns that I thought would look good together and then set about knitting a handbag. Using multiple yarns and size 15mm needles it didn't take long at all. The next problem arose when I went to choose some fabric for the lining.. Now I have quite a large stash of yarns, but I have an even larger stash of fabrics, so instead of it taking me just a few minutes, well..... in the end I had to be really strict with myself and after telling myself off, a couple of times, I managed to choose the lining fabric. Got it all cut out, made a couple of pockets ... you know, for the phone and the credit cards :) , then came the fiddly bit of stitching the lining to the knitting! Well, of course I managed that, but the bag didn't look finished, so I made three flowers and then beaded the centres. I then crocheted a couple of clover leaves. Got them all stitched on and the result is this ...

The next photo shows the flowers and leaves a little closer...


and this shows where I've added a few beads to the pull tassel on the zip closer...






It's not a very big bag, only about 9 inches square.

I quite enjoyed making this and am seriously thinking about doing some more.... this way the stash will get smaller... and it would be lovely if I could sell them!!!!

Will be back again soon, but until then, take care...

P.S. Still can't catch up all you bloggers I'm following...... huge sorries!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this Wendy, I am sure they would sell like hot cakes have you thought about Etsy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is Wendy, Jane ?? and what is Etsy??? Will go and have a look on line...
    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete